POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : toroidal basket : Re: toroidal basket Server Time
15 Aug 2024 10:18:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: toroidal basket
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 5 Aug 2002 19:17:32
Message: <3d4f078c@news.povray.org>

news: 3d4f005f@news.povray.org...

>   Just modelled this basket today for my apples scene. I was fearing a
> complicated modelling task, involving sphere_sweeps and obscure trig, but
> suddenly I figured how to fake it only with tori (well, and some
> cylinders... ;). There are about 1300 torus sections, placed with loops.

Nice ! I think there's one on Chris Colefax's site and I have one by Fabien
Mosen that fits a bottle.
Perhaps we should start a collection of wickerpov objects... Interestingly,
this is the sort of object that is pov only and that really demonstrate the
power of scripting, as it would be very difficult to do it in a GUI/mesh
modeller.
Interesting background too... Are you using your light macros, btw ?

G.

--
http://www.oyonale.com